Cheese Coating Plasticoat®
In2Food offers a complete range of cheese coatings, such as cheese wax, manufactured through in-house production.
The registered Plasticoat® provides the best possible natural maturing of the cheese and is deliverable from small packaging to bulk, in any colour and composition.
Characteristics of Plasticoat®
- Offers the best possible protection against mechanical damage and mould growth.
- Makes the cheese look attractive, from mat to glossy and in various colours.
- Enables natural maturation and easy cutability.
- Prevents loss of weight.
- Suitable for mechanised and manual processing, available in several levels of viscosity.
- Available with various percentages of natamycin. Apart from natamycin, we also offer other fungicides, like potassium sorbate and organic acids, possibly combined with natamycin.
Our Research & Development technologists continuously work on new developments in the area of moisture and air permeability, conservation and cuttability of the widest range of naturally matured cheeses. This is done in our own laboratory as well as directly on the shop floor, in the cheese factory.