The history of In2Food
FNZ Central Purchasing Department
rnrnDuring a general assembly of the Dutch General Dairy Federation (FNZ) on April 11, 1905, the rules for a Central Purchasing Commission were established. This was the starting point for the Central Purchasing Department.
FNZ Central Purchasing Ltd.
As a first step to privatisation FNZ Central Purchasing was founded in 1981, with the Royal Dutch Dairy Federation as sole shareholder. In 1986 FNZ Central Purchasing started direct product distribution to dairy farmers.
Central Purchasing continued as an independent company after a management buy-out. Three separate business units came about:
CA FNZ-Agri, active in the dairy cattle business (now: Lely Consumables)
CA FNZ-Industrial, active in the food business (now: In2Food)
Synerlogic, with service-related, logistical and productive activities
1994 to now
In the past 20 years our company underwent a considerable metamorphosis from being a national to becoming a global player. A number of takeovers has taken place and a joint venture with Lely was embarked upon, to ensure worldwide delivery of consumables and short-lived goods to dairy farmers. Presently a joint staff of 250 people is working in several countries.
In the wake of the 100 years’ anniversary and the relocation to the Graafsingel office in Duiven in 2007, the name of CA FNZ-Industrial was changed into In2Food.